Miller Gold Search & Select complies with the National Privacy Principles (Schedule 3 of the Act), a copy of which can be obtained from http://www.privacy.gov.au/publications/npps01.html
Collection of information:
Miller Gold Search & Select collects personal information as part of our recruitment process. The personal information collected includes:
- information included in your application or resume, for example, your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, career history, details of any competency tests or other information relating to your career including information collected and recorded from reference checking.
- all that personal information that is normally required to be transferred between an employee and an employer in the context of an employment relationship, including but notlimited to tax file number, banking details and information that might be relevant to a workers compensation claim.
This personal information may be collected in the following ways:
- from you upon the submission of a resume or completion of an application form and during telephone conversations
- from your referees
- from employment websites where you have chosen to publish your resume for employers to review – for example www.seek.com.au’s resume search database
- by searching publicly available information
- we may collect personal information about you when you deal with us in person, by telephone, letter, fax, e-mail, or visit our website.
Use and disclosure:
Miller Gold Search & Select collects personal information for the purpose of its own use and in facilitating the processes involved in IT recruiting. We collect personal information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide clients with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and experience of potential candidates
- to provide clients with an independent verification of the skills and experience of potential candidates
- to provide clients with an assessment of the suitability of a potential candidate
- to facilitate our recruitment processes
- to facilitate services to or by us, where your organisation is a client or service provider or
- potential client or service provider The purposes for which we hold personal information We generally hold the personal information of potential candidates for an assessment of suitability for a position at Miller Gold Search & Select that may become available in the future, or for the purpose of industry research and analysis.
Who might see personal information?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a Miller Gold Search & Select client after Miller Gold Search & Select has obtained your permission. This request for permission may be in writing, verbally or by electronic means. Miller Gold Search & Select may also, in the performance of our business, disclose your information to:
- Miller Gold Search & Select employees
- Miller Gold Search & Select agents, contractors (e.g. those authorised to administer our computer systems),and professional advisers
- Your referees during the process of obtaining a reference
- Where required by law
- Clients who may wish to engage your services
- Organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests
- A workers compensation body
- Depending on the circumstances, to the Australian Federal Police to verify whether you have a criminal record
- To educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us that involves handling personal information we take reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal information except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
Obtaining your consent to disclose:
- Sometimes we will ask potential candidates to consent to disclosure their personal information to Miller Gold Search & Select clients. We may do so in writing, via email, over the phone or on our website.
- Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy or electronically. Miller Gold Search & Select’s systems are protected from unauthorised access.
Access and correction:
How do you access your personal information?
Under the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 - Access and Correction) you have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you.
Access to this information will be given upon receipt of a written request for access by Miller Gold Search & Select’s Privacy Co-ordinator, who will provide you with the information (except where that information interferes with the privacy rights of another person, or is in breach of any attached confidentiality).
If you establish that the information Miller Gold Search & Select holds is in some way incorrect, incomplete or out of date, Miller Gold Search & Select will undertake all reasonable steps to ensure a correction is made.
Who at Miller Gold Search & Select should you contact with questions?
Should you wish to contact Miller Gold Search & Select regarding your personal or sensitive information, please contact Miller Gold Search & Select's Privacy Co-ordinator on Phone (03) 9696 2578. A potential candidate who requests it can gain access to the personal information we hold about them by making application for access to our Privacy Compliance Manager. If the granting of access results in the identification of information that is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, generally, we will make corrections to the information. We will respond to the request as quickly as possible, but not more than 14 days after the request has been made. The Privacy Amendment [Private Sector] Act 2000 provides that a company may require the applicant to meet the reasonable costs of providing this access. Our company's charge for this service is $20.00 inclusive of GST.
- Company information:
Miller Gold Search & Select Pty Ltd
A.B.N. 87 138 515 821
- Registered Office:
- Level 6
- 575 Bourke St
- Melbourne 3000
- VIC Australia
- Telephone: +61 3 9020 2300